What is Yoga?

Yoga is when all mind activities are enveloping a thought or an object.
- Patanjali


NEW CLASSES.....

Starting 6th April at the Trinity Centre, Beechwood Road (Dalston), London E8 3DY 6-7pm

Starting 12th April at OneKX, 120 Cromer Street, London WC1H 8BS 6-7pm

Sunday 21 March 2010

Yoga of Heart -- The Healing Power of Intimate Connection


I would like to share with you a video of Mark Whitwell's workshop. Having followed his classes on Sky TV, they served as a good revision of my teacher training course. We both studied in the Krishnamacharya tradition. He, from the source, Professor Krishnamacharya and I, from Marc Beuvain, a student of TKV and Kausthub Desikachar. TKV is Krishnamacharya's son and Kausthub, his grandson.

Incidentally Mark has www.heartofyoga.com registered under his name. I discovered it too late; I was already a few weeks into writing my blog. Hopefully, though, he won't have a an issue sharing the name with me since we both took it from TKV Desikachar's book, Heart of Yoga. 

Heart is Yoga is probably the first book on yoga I have read from beginning to end. It is so interesting and provides a good foundation on the study of yoga. Even as a non-yoga practitioner we can also learn a lot from using the principles stated in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment