What is Yoga?

Yoga is when all mind activities are enveloping a thought or an object.
- Patanjali


NEW CLASSES.....

Starting 6th April at the Trinity Centre, Beechwood Road (Dalston), London E8 3DY 6-7pm

Starting 12th April at OneKX, 120 Cromer Street, London WC1H 8BS 6-7pm

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Ooouucccchhhhh...


Had my audition at GLL's Newham Leisure Centre yesterday. I don't know which hurts more - my arms, shoulders or bum! There were 13 teachers in total, 5 each for yoga and aerobics and 1 each for pilates, taichi and aqua aerobics. We all had to come at 1pm and stay until 4pm to do each other's routines. Imagine my sweat and exhaustion by the second aerobics audition, I thought I was going to fall flat on my face! I used to do high impact aero classes in my "youth" but having only my yoga practice as my workout for the past years, it was a bit challenging to keep up with the teachers' energy levels and speed. Although I must admit it felt damn good to break into a good sweat.

As you can imagine, fitting 13 routines within 3 hours was impossible. We did an average of 10-15 minutes each; mine probably took just a little less than 10 minutes. I taught three postures and that was it for my audition.

By 4:30pm I was out of there. The interview stage was straightforward, typical questions I guess. I am keeping my fingers crossed, the next 10 days should be a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment