What is Yoga?

Yoga is when all mind activities are enveloping a thought or an object.
- Patanjali


NEW CLASSES.....

Starting 6th April at the Trinity Centre, Beechwood Road (Dalston), London E8 3DY 6-7pm

Starting 12th April at OneKX, 120 Cromer Street, London WC1H 8BS 6-7pm

Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year - what does it bring?


This year I promise to eat less. Practice more. Go to the gym everyday. Does this sound familiar? We all make new year's resolutions only to break or forget about them by the end of January. So this 2010 I won't even make one.

These past few weeks have been difficult. I have had to make decisions if I should continue to nurture and sustain one-way relationships. Why do I say one-way? No give and take; only take, take, take. As I recall, a relationship needs to be a two-way street with both parties trying to make it work and actually getting a mutual benefit from it. We are so attached to our families, friends and lovers that we sometimes overlook how badly we may be treated. In raja yoga I learned that these very same relationships (attachment to a person) could be a cause of our unhappiness. I, for one, have been tricked into accepting behavior (one that I normally wouldn't accept from a stranger) by my emotions because I was very much attached to these persons. Fortunately, though saddening, I learned to let go of them and not feel guilty. No more drama. I simply refuse to be taken advantage of. No one deserves that. It may sound harsh to give up on anyone and choose to have nothing to do with them. But we should love ourselves first, only then can we give to others what we already have.

Wounds may take time to heal but life will go on. Life is beautiful; there is so much to live for. I always believed that if one door closes, a bigger window opens! Focus on the good things, strive to reach your highest potential and never forget to share your blessings. These are the things I learned last year. These I will take with me into the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment