What is Yoga?

Yoga is when all mind activities are enveloping a thought or an object.
- Patanjali


NEW CLASSES.....

Starting 6th April at the Trinity Centre, Beechwood Road (Dalston), London E8 3DY 6-7pm

Starting 12th April at OneKX, 120 Cromer Street, London WC1H 8BS 6-7pm

Saturday 1 August 2009

Money or principle?


The last few weeks have been devoted to drafting my teaching schedule ready for next term. Children will go back to school in September. Adults will want to keep fit in time for winter, to prepare for the early dark days ahead. 

I came across an issue, which has been hounding me for the last year. To take a job simply because it paid the bills. Last year, I didn't have much of a choice. I resigned from my boring 
8-6 job and had to take all the teaching jobs available at that time. Although it was fun and I love the kids, there was a voice at the back of my head saying I was being treated unfairly. 

This year, I am a bit more courageous. Probably more discerning with the workload I take on board. However, it means if I get too picky, I run the risk of losing out on some assignments for the whole term. Ergo, less money. 

Money or principle? Not so easy sometimes. But I always look at the brighter side of life - once you close a door, a window opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment