What is Yoga?

Yoga is when all mind activities are enveloping a thought or an object.
- Patanjali


NEW CLASSES.....

Starting 6th April at the Trinity Centre, Beechwood Road (Dalston), London E8 3DY 6-7pm

Starting 12th April at OneKX, 120 Cromer Street, London WC1H 8BS 6-7pm

Thursday 7 May 2009

Has it been a year?


I started teaching a year ago. After much hesitation, I booked a room at the Yoga Therapy Centre on Pentonville Road and rounded up all my friends at work to be my guinea pigs. I thought my heart was going to burst from embarrassment and stage fright. 
With every class, I slowly felt at ease yet my main concern was to follow my nicely handwritten practice and give out the instructions (military style hehe) as clearly as possible. I even had a CD player to add soothing yoga music and play some guided meditation. My friends were very good students and followed whatever I told them to do. Somehow it looked like as if they were actually enjoying themselves. However, the instructions sounded too much out of a book and didn't seem to flow as I had hoped. 
Looking back, I can't help but be amazed at how much I learned over the past year, how many mistakes I made, how many people I met. Imagining me on the verge of a nervous breakdown on my first class is a funny yet ironic parody of my future. Now I cannot imagine doing anything else. I have found my passion, my love (aside from the hubby, of course). 
I want to thank all the people who have helped me along the way, my husband for letting me quit my job, my family for their emotional support, my friends - without you I would still be looking for guinea pigs, my teachers and mentors (Marc and Malati) and all my students, who trusted me enough to join my classes.

How lucky am I to have found what I have been looking for?


No comments:

Post a Comment